Harvesting CSW services¶
This harvester will connect to a remote CSW server and retrieve metadata records that match the query parameters specified.
Adding a CSW harvester¶
The figure above shows the options available:
Site - Options about the remote site.
- Name - This is a short description of the remote site. It will be shown in the harvesting main page as the name for this instance of the CSW harvester.
- Service URL - The URL of the capabilities document of the CSW server to be harvested. eg. http://geonetwork-site.com/srv/eng/csw?service=CSW&request=GetCabilities&version=2.0.2. This document is used to discover the location of the services to call to query and retrieve metadata.
- Icon - An icon to assign to harvested metadata. The icon will be used when showing harvested metadata records in the search results.
- Use account - Account credentials for basic HTTP authentication on the CSW server.
Search criteria - Using the Add button, you can add several search criteria. You can query only the fields recognised by the CSW protocol.
Options - Scheduling options.
Options - Specific harvesting options for this harvester.
- Validate - If checked, the metadata will be validated after retrieval. If the validation does not pass, the metadata will be skipped.
Privileges - Assign privileges to harvested metadata.